Seared Scallops With Sherry And Herb Sauce. There are few foods so naturally balanced in flavor as scallops, and they pair beautifully with all sorts of seasoning. Salmoriglio—a Southern Italian condiment—serves as both marinade and finishing sauce. Be sure to reserve half of it prior to marinating the scallops for drizzling at the end.
This recipe for Seared Scallops and Herb Butter Sauce will quickly become a dinnertime favorite for family or guests. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Seared scallops are quick-cooking, sweet, tender, mild, and delectable. You can have Seared Scallops With Sherry And Herb Sauce using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seared Scallops With Sherry And Herb Sauce
- You need 1 lb of Sea scallops.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter- divided.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic – minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dry Sherry.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Terragon.
Make these for Valentine's Day dinner and you and the dish will be irresistible. Video: Watch the Video Recipe to see the Seared Scallops with Herb-Butter Sauce come together, step by step, and subscribe to Fine Cooking. Remove the mussel from the scallops then with a paper towel pat them dry and season them with salt and pepper. For the side salad, in a bowl combine the arugula and tomatoes, drizzle with.
Seared Scallops With Sherry And Herb Sauce instructions
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and paprika..
- In a large skillet, melt butter on med-high heat..
- Add scallops and sear for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and firm..
- Remove scallops to warm plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to skillet.
- Sauté minced garlic in the butter until tender.
- Add sherry and remaining herbs.
- Stir liquid until reduced to desired thickness.
- Turn off heat and replace scallops in sauce for a long enough to cover with sauce and heat back up.
- Serve scallops with sauce.
Alternatively, you could consider seared scallops with herbs, which creates a different flavor profile due to the different cooking method. Garlic Herb Seared Scallops – Easy scallops recipe with a cream sauce infused with garlic and herb. Pair the scallops with some chardonnay and you might well think that you are actually dining in a fine dining restaurant. Please bear in mind that there are two kinds of. There is really nothing that compares to a perfectly seared scallop.