Expats: If You Have Chinese Cabbage, Let's Make Kimchi.
You can cook Expats: If You Have Chinese Cabbage, Let's Make Kimchi using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Expats: If You Have Chinese Cabbage, Let's Make Kimchi
- You need 2 kg of Chinese cabbage.
- You need 120 ml of Korean coarse grind red chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 medium of bulb Garlic.
- It’s 50 grams of Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 of Apple (or Asian pear).
- Prepare 1/3 large of Onion.
- You need 3 of to 4 stalks Green onion.
- It’s 1/3 of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sakura shrimp (or dried shrimp).
- It’s 70 ml of Korean fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Flour (mixed with 3-4 times the amount of water and microwaved).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 8 grams of Dashi stock granules (I used kombu).
Expats: If You Have Chinese Cabbage, Let's Make Kimchi instructions
- Tear the cabbage into 4 or 6 pieces depending on their size. Add 40 g of salt to every kilo of cabbage, salting heavily on the white stems..
- Put the cabbage in a container large enough to hold them. Put a weight on top and leave overnight. I put on a large plate and placed filled water bottles on top..
- The next day, wring out the cabbage lightly, and let dry naturally..
- Blend the ginger, garlic, apple, and onion together into a paste (if you find it hard to form a paste, add fish sauce for liquid)..
- Cut the daikon radish into quarters and slice. Cut the green onions into 3 cm pieces. Cut the white parts in half lengthwise..
- Add the chili pepper, fish sauce, dashi stock granules, flour paste, daikon radish and green onion to the paste from Step 4..
- Push the paste in between the white parts of the cabbages, and roll up the leaves..
- Put the cabbage into a plastic bag and leave for 1 to 2 nights at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Wait for at least a week before eating..