Sherry & Basil Chicken. Sherry (Spanish: Jerez [xeˈɾeθ]) is a fortified wine made from white grapes that are grown near the city of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain. Sherry, fortified wine of Spanish origin that typically has a distinctive nutty flavour. It takes its name from the province of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain, sherry being an Anglicization of Jerez.
Sherry: the stuff of grandmotherly sipping? For a newbie, sherry might seem too complicated or prim, but it's actually one of the most approachable and interesting products in the world of alcohol. Sherry is a fortified wine from the region of Jerez, Andalucia in south-west Spain. You can have Sherry & Basil Chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sherry & Basil Chicken
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 cup of sherry.
- You need 3/4 oz of basil; minced, few leaves saved to chiffonade for garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/3 cup of sherry vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary; minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil; as needed.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
Although a seriously undervalued wine, sherry is making a real revival in certain parts and is becoming. Sherry Wines contain the essence of Southern Spain, its climate, its history, its culture and its people. Add sherry to one of your lists below, or create a new one. Перевод слова sherry, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, словосочетания, примеры использования. Medium sherries (including amontillado and oloroso) are excellent for slow-cooking poultry and meat dishes and for de-glazing Do not use sweet sherry in dishes that call for dry sherry or vice versa. plural sherries.
Sherry & Basil Chicken step by step
- Marinate chicken in sherry for 4-48 hours, at least overnight..
- Combine sherry vinegar, dijon, basil, and honey in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Pat dry. Coat chicken with enough oil to cover. Season with dried spices. Bake at 300° for approximately one hour or until thermometer reaches 165°.
- Serve with sauce and basil garnish.
- Variations; Lemon, white or apple cider vinegar, fruit puree, shallots, horseradish, parsley, parmesan, oregano,.
Definition of sherry. : a Spanish fortified wine with a distinctive nutty flavor also : a Examples of sherry in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web Its tropical fruit aromas and flavors. Херес Массандра Massandra Sherry. Страна производства. Россия. Херес Barbadillo Sherry Amontillado херес Барбадилло Шерри Амонтильядо. Sherry definition: Sherry is a type of strong wine that is made in south-western Spain. From Middle English sherris (interpreted as plural), from Spanish (vino de) Xeres ("wine of Xeres"), Xeres being the former name of Jerez. Rhymes: -ɛri. sherry (usually uncountable, plural sherries). (uncountable) A fortified wine produced in Jerez de la Frontera in Spain.