Jamaican Christmas Cake. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. A Jamaican Christmas celebration is not complete without traditional Jamaican Christmas Fruit cake. It has been a favored gift amongst Jamaicans during the Christmas season.
This is the very first one I made myself and was very pleased with it! If the cake dries out, just pour more rum over the top. Preparation/cooking time does not include standing time or the alternative method of preparation. You can cook Jamaican Christmas Cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Christmas Cake
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of currants.
- You need 1/2 cup of dates.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- You need 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- Prepare 1 cup of dark molasses.
- It’s 2 tbs of browning.
- Prepare 1 tbs of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 9 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
A dark, rich fruit cake for wine and fruit lovers! This is a recipe I use at Christmas and for Birthdays. I prefer to use Jamaican Red Label Wine and White Rum. Jamaican Christmas cake, which is also referred to as Jamaican black cake has long been the most popular Jamaican dessert in Jamaica.
Jamaican Christmas Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.
Jamaican black cake is thought to be derived from the British figgy pudding, but with an island twist. While it has traditionally been thought of as a Christmas cake, it is actually baked and eaten all year round. Jamaican cake is a deliciously spiced, warming bake that is perfect for the colder months. Try this instead of your normal Christmas cake and you'll never look back. But remember, the key is steeping the cake in plenty of rum during the run up to the festivities!