Light Fruit Cake. For this Light Fruit Cake I like to use a combination of candied mixed peel and candied cherries (can use either red or green). Candied fruit is actually preserved fruit that has been dipped several times. Light Fruit Cake- rich, luscious Madeira cake that's light, fluffy and moist with a wonderful buttery taste studded with dried mixed fruits.
It has lots of what I consider the best part of a fruit cake, candied fruit. This Light Fruit Cake Recipe is taken from Eric's Lanlard's Baking Mad masterclasses held at his cookery school Cake-Boy and can also be found in his delicious cook book 'Home Bake'. Method Strain the fruit and fold into the cake mix. You can have Light Fruit Cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Light Fruit Cake
- You need 3/4 cup (120 grams) of candied mixed peel.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (100 grams) of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- It’s 1/3 cup (40 grams) of dark raisins.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs, room temperature.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup (50 grams) of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- You need 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- Prepare of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
See more ideas about Fruit cake, Fruitcake recipes, Cake recipes. Cool on cake rack until thoroughly cold. Wrap in foil and store in cake tins. For Glaze—Combine light corn syrup, water and.
Light Fruit Cake step by step
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 – 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
Download Light Fruit Cake Photos by DPimborough. Subscribe to Envato Elements for unlimited Photos downloads for a single monthly fee. Our fruity cake recipes transform seasonal fruits into delicious, moist cakes to enjoy at any time of day. From light strawberry cake and fun blueberry poke cake, to indulgent orange marmalade slump. Olga's light fruit cake is just one of lots of recipes created by goodtoknow users.