Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta. Shrimp and scallops in a garlicky Parmesan cream sauce with sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Over-cooking gives shrimp and scallops a tough, rubbery texture. Optional: serve over cooked pasta, if desired.
Chicken strips in a basil and coconut milk sauce are served over jasmine rice. A beautiful, aromatic, creamy mushroom sauce coats hot cooked fettuccine pasta in this quick dish. Add shrimp and earthy shiitake mushrooms and the soy sauce butter flavors really pop in this easy-to-make Bring a pot of water to a boil for your pasta. You can have Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta
- You need 4 slices of bacon, — cooked over medium heat, then diced,save the fat.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic — finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of each shallot — finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 ounces of shiitake mushroom — stemmed, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of tarragon.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of black pepper.
- It’s 2 ounces of sherry.
- You need 1 cup of shrimp stock or clam juice.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 8 ounces of 16-20 shrimp, peeled deveined (most any size shrimp will work).
- You need 8 ounces of scallop, large.
- It’s 12 ounces of dry pasta, cook per directions on the package.
Serve the scallops over a layer of bacon cream sauce. I added mushrooms and chopped spinach to the cream sauce and served it all over angel hair pasta. I made this with scallops and shrimp and it turned out amazing. I usually don't comment on recipes but I just had to.
Shrimp and Scallops Shiitake, Mushroom, Bacon Cream Sauce over Pasta step by step
- In a large sauce pot cook the bacon do not burn. Save the fat Sauté the shallots and garlic and mushrooms and lightly season with salt and pepper until a light golden-brown color..
- Add the tarragon.
- Deglaze with the sherry and shrimp stock. Let the liquid reduce by half then add the heavy cream and reduce until it starts to thicken and coat the back of a spoon..
- Then add the seafood and bacon then let simmer 4-5 minutes until seafood is cooked..
- Adjust the seasoning as needed..
I created this tempting seafood pasta for my wife. Over low heat, let the sauce reduce to medium thickness. This shrimp and mushrooms sauce is luscious, juicy and just succulent. In the same skillet over med/high heat, caramelize your diced onions and sliced mushrooms then add the tomato mixture back into the same. Learn how to make a Creamy Bay Scallop Spaghetti recipe!