Dandan noodles. A Dan Dan Noodles recipe that's tried, true, and authentic. With this recipe, you can try out this spicy, numbing Dan Dan Noodles Sichuan classic at home! Dandan in the name actually refers to a carrying pole(扁担 in Chinese ).
Why are they called Dan Dan noodles. Dan Dan noodles (担担面, aka spicy Sichuan noodles) is named after the traditional carrying pole "Dan Dan" that street vendors use. Dan dan mian, or dan dan noodles, are one of Sichuan (sometimes spelled Szechuan) province's most famous culinary exports. You can have Dandan noodles using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dandan noodles
- Prepare 2 of medium boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s of Liquid ingredients.
- It’s 16 oz of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sambal olek.
- It’s 2 oz of dry cooking sherry.
- Prepare 4 oz of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Sauté ingredients.
- Prepare 2 of large garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of thumb ginger minced.
- You need of Bean sprouts for garnish.
- It’s of Cucumber seeded and chopped.
- You need of Red chile paste (to taste).
- It’s bunch of green onions chopped (reserve some green parts for service).
Sichuan cuisine is defined by its heat. You can find more info and stay up-to-date on its release at. Dan Dan Noodles – Savory and spicy Sichuan noodles served with ground meat make for a delicious meal at home. Learn how to make it with this easy recipe.
Dandan noodles step by step
- Bake chicken breast until cooked through. Be sure to tent in foil so the outside doesn’t dry out. When the chicken breasts hit 165 remove and let cool then fine chop and set aside. While that cooks mix all the liquid ingredients together..
- Add oil and sauté ginger and garlic for a few minutes until fragrant and then the green onions for another couple minutes.
- Add chicken and red chile paste to taste(I do 2 to 3 tbsp because I’ll like it spicy) mix well and sauté for a few. (I use the chile paste at publix in the produce section).
- Add liquid ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add a slurry or about a tbsp (cornstarch and water).
- Serve over noodles or white rice and garnish with bean sprouts, julienned cucumber and green onions.
Dan Dan Noodles – the iconic spicy Sichuan Noodles, a flavour explosion with the iconic sesame chilli sauce and slippery noodles topped with a savoury Chinese five spiced pork. The Chinese name 'dan dan' refers to the over-the-shoulder carrying poles with hanging baskets, that street vendors use – the noodles on one side, sauces on the other. Skip the takeout and make your own Dan Dan Noodles from Delish.com tonight. Cook noodles according to package instructions and add to bowl with the sauce, tossing to. See Dan Dan Noodles have been probably the most requested dish, by far.