Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3. Here is how you achieve that. This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is the most delicious, savory, and creamy vegan mushroom pasta we've ever had.. The benefit of caramelizing mushrooms is you get a richer flavor and less of a slimy texture.
It's always a hit and great for a crowd. It's easy to throw together but there is so much flavor! Butter, mushrooms, shallots, garlic and thyme make for the perfect creamy, rich mushroom stroganoff! You can have Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 1 pound of mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1 cup of dry white wine (or dry vermouth).
- You need 1 cup of broth (chicken, veg, beef all work fine).
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped chives or green onions (plus more for garnish).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s of salt (3/4 teaspoon to start).
- It’s to taste of black pepper.
- Prepare 8 oz. of egg noodles or pasta.
It was not out of choice. See, I had to recipe test this a dozen times. This Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe is your favorite Beef Stroganoff turned into a budget friendly, quick and easy weeknight meal! It's mega comforting, intoxicatingly creamy, exploding with flavor and guaranteed to become a new repeat favorite!
Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3 step by step
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the shallot and sauté until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and released most of their liquid, about 7 minutes..
- Add the flour and stir to incorporate. Stir in wine and broth and cook until most of the alcohol has evaporated, about 4 to 5 minutes..
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the paprika, sour cream and the 2 Tablespoons chives and season with salt and pepper. Set aside while you boil noodles for pasta..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until a little past al dente according to the package instructions..
- Drain the pasta, portion on plates, and spoon heated stroganoff over the pasta, sprinkling some chopped chives for garnish..
- Enjoy! :).
Turn the heat down to low and stir in the sour cream mixture. While simmering, cook egg noodles in a pot of boiling water until tender. Drain the noodles in a colander. More or my favorite meatless Monday pasta recipes are Fettuccini with Winter Greens and Poached Egg, Cheesy Baked Pumpkin Pasta and Pasta with Asparagus. I played around with Mushroom Stroganoff a few times last week (until we were sick of it) for a Meatless Monday option.