Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder. Classic Maritime Seafood Chowder – How to Cook a Perfect Seafood Chowder. Skippers Seafood & Chowder House is a group of independently owned and operated locations licensed by Starway Restaurants, LLC. There are currently licensed Skippers restaurants operating in Oregon and Washington.
See how to make a low-fat chowder that's creamy and full of flavor. This creamy seafood chowder recipe begins with an easy-to-make homemade seafood stock, to which potatoes, shrimp, crab, and lobster meat are added. Creamy Seafood Chowder comes in many varieties, but nearly all of them include shrimp and potatoes. You can have Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder using 32 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder
- You need 8 Cups of Seafood Stock [made with all shells & strained x2].
- It’s of ☆ [note: you may not need all of your seafood stock].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare of ● For The Seafood [all fine chopped & presteamed].
- You need of ☆ [note: reserve all shells for seafood stock].
- You need 1 Cup of Shreadded Snow Crab Legs [look closely for any shells].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Crawdad Tails [optional but consider them].
- You need 1 of LG Lobster Tail.
- You need 1 Cup of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Clams.
- Prepare of ● For The Chowder [sauté hard veggies in 4 tbsp butter].
- Prepare 2 Cups of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Diced Celery [to be sautéd].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Diced Vidalia Onions [to be sautéd].
- It’s 3 Cups of Diced Potatoes [parboiled].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Green Onions.
- Prepare 1 Dash of Saffron Threads.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter & 1/4 Cup AP Flour.
- You need of ● For The Options [to taste].
- Prepare of Chopped Carrots.
- Prepare of Sweet Corn.
- You need of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- You need of Dry Sherry [to drizzle over chowder].
- Prepare of Fresh Warm Crispy French Bread.
- Prepare of Seasoned Croutons.
The rich seafood chowder recipe — one of six "chowdahs" on the menu at Newick's Lobster House — is such a hit that it has to be made off-site. A comfort food for many, seafood chowder satisfies the desire for a luscious creamy bowl of hearty goodness. * A proper chowder is thick enough to coat the spoon but not so thick you need to eat it with a fork. Each bit of seafood floats in its own little aura, waiting to be spooned into your mouth. This package includes: New England Clam Chowder, Lobster Bisque with Lobster Meat, Haddock Chowder, and Seafood Chowder.
Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder instructions
- Various cold seafoods pictured..
- Steamed whole crawdads pictured..
- Pull all of your crab, lobster, crawdads, clams and shrimp meat from shells and reserve all shells..
- Create your seafood stock by boiling shells, wine and bay leaves for 15 minutes on high. Make enough for 8 cups. You may not need all stock depending upon how thick or thin you'll want your chowder. Strain your stock twice in a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- At the same time, parboil your potatoes for 7 to 10 minutes to soften them before adding to your chowder. It's a real time saver. Small chop..
- Again, at the same time in a seperate pan, sauté your onions and celery in butter until translucent. About 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add flour and mix well until dissolved..
- Simmer chowder for 30 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Add your seafood to your chowder in the last 5 minutes of simmering..
- Serve chowder piping hot with crispy warm French bread for dipping and seasoned croutons. Also, Sherry to drizzle over the top if desired..
- Or, crispy garlic crustinins..
Chock-full of fish, shrimp and scallops, this comforting chowder has been pleasing my family for many years. The seasoned oyster crackers add a bit of spice.—Virginia Anthony, Jacksonville, Florida. I make this chowder every New Year's Eve. This recipe is absolutely delightful with Tomato Soup with Roasted Garlic. Cod Chowder and Fish Stew History.