Saffron and passion fruit yoghurt cake. Great recipe for Saffron and passion fruit yoghurt cake. The wonderful combination of passion fruit and saffron makes this cake so flavourful and exotic while the yoghurt in it makes it super soft and moist. The recipe is quick and easy to make so go ahead and give it a try!!
The recipe is quick and easy to make so go ahead and give it a try!! #TheDecadentCake Lavender. The recipe is quick and easy to make so go ahead and give it a try!! This light yet moist fruit cake keeps really well and the sweet perfumed aroma that the saffron provides goes well with the buttery dried fruit. You can have Saffron and passion fruit yoghurt cake using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Saffron and passion fruit yoghurt cake
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking poder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of saffron.
- Prepare 1/2 cuo of sunflower oil.
- You need 170 ml of passion fruit pulp(tinned).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
The method is also easier than most cake recipes so you'll want to make this again and again. It has a wonderful mood lifting other worldly after taste and is an absolute winner! There is no substitute for saffron, its flavour is unique. Sweet saffron yoghurt with passion fruit.
Saffron and passion fruit yoghurt cake step by step
- Preheat oven at 180 degree,line, grease and dust withflour a loaf pan. Keep aside..
- Shift together flour,baking powder and salt. Keep aside..
- Mix together oil,passion fruit pulp and vanilla extract. Keep aside..
- Beat togeher eggs,sugar and saffron using an electric beater on high speed until the mixture is creamy..
- Add the yogurt and continue beating till the yogurt combines well into the egg and sugar mixture..
- In three batches add shifted flour to the egg mixture alternating with the pulp and ol mixture starting and ending with the flour..
- Beat for one minute on low speed till everything is well combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes until the cake is done or a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean..
- Remove pan to a cooling rack..
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes in The pan.Remove from pan and let cool completely before slicing..
Every yoghurt is different so if you're using a sour yoghurt you might need to use more sugar. For the best results, prepare an hour or so before you serve to allow the cardamom, saffron and nutmeg to properly infuse in the yoghurt. Sift the flour into the mixture and then gently stir it in until the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into the prepared tin. In another bowl mix together the eggs, oil, yoghurt, sugar and the passionfruit Add the egg mixture to the flour bowl and mix together.