Stewed Fruit. Skip the grocery store w/ weekly fruit deliveries. Get organic fruit & snacks delivered to your doorstep! To start making your stewed fruit, prepare all the fruits you're using.
Chop up all the fruit, discarding any stones. Place the fruit in a pan. If using rhubarb, peel the ginger and finely grate it into the pan. You can cook Stewed Fruit using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stewed Fruit
- Prepare of Fruit.
- You need 2 of large Fuji apple.
- It’s 2 of large pears.
- You need 2 of large peaches.
- You need of Body.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of peach brandy.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron threads.
- Prepare of Spices.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1 cup of pecans.
- You need 2 pinches of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of orange liqueur.
- It’s of Garnish.
- You need To taste of fresh chopped mint leaves.
The stewed fruit may be rewarmed as needed in a small saucepan over low heat. The fruit softens and releases its juices, creating a rich sauce that is easy to incorporate into every meal of the day. Plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines and cherries are all delicious when stewed. Wash the fruit and peel it if you wish.
Stewed Fruit instructions
- Peel the peaches, pears, and apples. Remove the pits and cores..
- Slice all the fruits into wedges..
- Melt the butter add the saffron, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt..
- Add the wedges to the pan. Sauté for 15 minutes..
- Add the brandy and cream. Let thicken..
- Heat a pan add the pecans and toast 1 minute. Add the rest of the topping ingredients. Sauté for 2 minutes till all the pecans are coated. These will turn hard..
- Add the topping an garnish to the stewed fruit serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Chop it up into slices or chunks. Stewed fruit recipe: pears, dates and dried apricots I t's been a while since I wanted to test this idea of a stewed fruit recipe. These are pears, dates and dried apricots which are quickly poached in a little honey syrup that has been flavored with cinnamon, fresh ginger and orange blossom water. Stewed fruits make for a delicious dessert, but you can also sneak them into a breakfast or decadent brunch menu. While most stewed fruit recipes call for hours of watchful cooking, this recipe uses your slow cooker so you can go about your day while your fruit cooks.