Fruit Pastry Cake. Browse Our Fast & Easy Fruit Recipes Collection. Explore My Food And Family Today. Anyway, summer is prime time to make fruity cakes or desserts, such as this mixed fruit pastry cake, a recipe contributed by my friend CP Choong.
Fruit Pastry Cake is a popular cake and it has been flooding the blogosphere for many years till now. I've baked this delicious fragrant cake many times whenever I have leftover canned or fresh fruits at home. I remember that the first time I baked this fruit pastry cake was nine years ago. You can have Fruit Pastry Cake using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fruit Pastry Cake
- It’s 100 gr of unsalted butter.
- It’s 160 gr of castor sugar.
- You need 50 gr of plain yogurt/sour cream.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 200 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 10 gr of milk powder.
- It’s 1 of sdt baking powder.
- It’s 1 of sdt vanilla extract.
- It’s of lemon zest from 1 whole lemon.
- It’s 500 gr of fresh fruits, chunked or sliced, (tossed with 2 tbsp of sugar – optional).
Top with vanilla cake and soak it with syrup. Slice and serve. › Fruit Pastry Cake. Recently there are many bloggers who have baked this beautiful Fruit Pastry Cake. It is a simple cake base with nicely brown crust at the sides and with fruits piled on top.
Fruit Pastry Cake step by step
- Grease and flour the sides of 8” square pan and line the base with parchment paper..
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and milk powder. Set aside..
- Beat butter, sugar, and yogurt/sour cream until light and fluffy..
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Mix in the lemon zest and vanilla extract, then gradually fold in the dry ingredients..
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula..
- Arrange fruits on top as desired. Do not press the fruits down into the butter..
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Cover the top with aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent the top from over browned..
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for 5 – 10 minutes. Take the cake out of the pan and transfer to wire rack to let cool completely. Dust the cake with some icing sugar if desired..
A blog by an Asian stay-at-home mum sharing recipes, travel experiences and thoughts on life. Pertama kerana anak anak tiada di rumah. Jadi yang akan makan kek tu nanti, hanya saya seorang. Mudah disediakan dan menjadi kegemaran ramai. Take the cake out of the pan and transfer to wire rack to let cool completely.