Fruit Salad. Fruit salad is a dish consisting of various kinds of fruit, sometimes served in a liquid, either their own juices or a syrup. In different forms, fruit salad can be served as an appetizer, a side salad, or a dessert. Because this simple dressing takes strawberries, raspberries, and mangoes to a whole new level.
The best way to cool down on a warm day is with a chilled fruit salad. Serve this one for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Fruit salad is a classic potluck contribution for a reason. You can cook Fruit Salad using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fruit Salad
- Prepare of For Dressing:.
- It’s 1/4 c. of honey.
- It’s 1/4 c. of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- It’s of zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of For Salad:.
- It’s 1 lb. of strawberries – hulled and quartered.
- You need 6 oz. of blueberries.
- It’s 6 oz. of raspberries.
- Prepare 3 of kiwis – peeled and sliced.
- You need 1 of orange – peeled and wedges cut in half.
- You need 2 of apples – peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of mango – peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 c. of grapes.
It's easy to mix together a variety of fruits that will make a refreshing, flavorful side or dessert. This refreshing fruit salad can be made in advance and won't oxidise and go brown. This winning combination of fruits drizzled with a lemon poppy seed dressing make up the best fruit salad you'll ever have. Whip up a fresh fruit salad for breakfast or as a light dessert with yogurt or cream.
Fruit Salad step by step
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, orange juice, and lemon zest. Add fruit to a large bowl and pour over dressing, tossing gently to combine..
- Chill until ready to serve..
Serve fruit salad inside hollowed-out fruit for a dish that doubles as a centerpiece. Not to mention, one less bowl to clean later. Get the recipe from The Cookie Rookie ». Fresh fruit is colorful and nutritious. Thrown into a fruit salad, it becomes the perfect take-along dish for parties, picnics and potlucks.