Over night soaked fruit cake. Speedy Christmas Cake that requires no overnight fruit soaking! An easy fruit cake that's rich with a velvety texture, super moist and full flavoured. I know Christmas is coming so everyone has almost started with the Fruitcake preparations.
I show you all the tips and tricks to successfully soak fruits for Christmas. This light and fruity afternoon treat uses our new National Trust Fairtrade tea; blended exclusively for us in partnership with Clipper. If you leave the fruit to soak overnight this will impart more of the tea flavour to the fruit. You can have Over night soaked fruit cake using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Over night soaked fruit cake
- It’s 225 g of plain flour.
- You need 225 g of butter.
- It’s 225 g of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mixed spice.
- You need 1 of kilo mixed fruit.
- Prepare 750 of fl orange/apple juice (brandy if wish).
This Recipe is the first step to start making your Traditional Christmas Cake (Soak the fruits in Rum). This easy fruit cake recipe is an easy christmas cake recipe with rum. Tip the dried fruits, ginger and rum into a bowl and leave to soak for a couple of hours or overnight, if you like. Soak the dry fruits in either of the juice overnight in the fridge.
Over night soaked fruit cake instructions
- Measure out all fruit and mixed with fluids. Leave overnight to soak up the liquid and expand the fruit..
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, spices, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the fruit, mixing as you go..
- Transfer the cake into greased tins..
- Leave to cook for 4 hours, after look for a spongy top and a clean knife..
Fruit cakes are so popular in Kerala, that almost all the bakeries will have their special cake, and most Christian families have one special too.dry fruits soaked in rum or brandy plays the most important role in this cake, though you can also soak dry fruits overnight; if you do not like too much rum. Eggless Fruit Cake loaded with dried fruits, nuts and filled with the aroma of all the warm spices. Enjoy a slice of this fruit cake this festive season! I soaked all these fruits and nuts in apple juice overnight. Dried fruit is soaked in tea, preferably overnight, and then mixed with flour, sugar, spices and an egg.