Passion fruit and mint jelly. The Best Passion Fruit Jelly Recipes on Yummly Passion Fruit Jelly, Passionfruit Creme Brulee With Passionfruit Jelly, Passion Fruit And Prosecco Jelly Shots. Try SURE-JELL Passion Fruit Jelly today.
After years of trying different methods, I've found that this is the easiest way to juice passion fruit. If you have access to fresh liliko'i, juicing the fruit is a great way to use it in recipes. Like this easy passion fruit drink that evokes a taste of the tropics! You can cook Passion fruit and mint jelly using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Passion fruit and mint jelly
- Prepare of Juice from 2 passion fruits.
- You need 1 tablespoon of gelatin.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of mint extract.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Water Mint leaves (optional or as decoration). Also known as grenadilla, passion fruit is a tropical fruit about the size of an egg with a brittle outer shell that contains crunchy seeds surrounded by intensely flavoured, slightly sour, yellow, juicy pulp. Its inedible shell can be purple or yellow in colour. Homemade mint jelly, using natural pectin from tart Granny Smith apples as a base, and fresh mint.
Passion fruit and mint jelly step by step
- Scoop out seeds and juice from passion fruit.
- Melt sugar in mint extract to form a mint syrup..
- Mix syrup with passion fruit juice.
- Bloom gelatin over a Bain Marie and let Cool slightly.
- Then mix the juice with gelatin and immediately pour back into the passion fruit back.
- Leave to set in refrigerator or freezer for about 1 hour.
Photography Credit: Elise Bauer. its the best mint jelly I have found, especially using the Granny Smith apples for pectin. I am a South African married to a Spaniard and living in Spain, where its. This mint jelly tastes like the genuine mint sauce, minty and full of flavour. Thickened with NZ Agar, not acrid nor too sweet, it's perfectly balanced. A wide variety of passion fruit jelly options are available to you, such as fruity.