Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base). Find Deals on Juice Syrup in Beverages on Amazon. Great recipe for Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base). If you want to enjoy Japanese plum flavor drink but prefer juice to alcohol beverage, home made plum juice is perfect fit!
You can also use this syrup to make shaved ice and more! Before I was old enough to drink Japanese Plum Wine (Umeshu) , I enjoyed the kid-friendly ' Ume Juice' (梅ジュース) made of Ume Syrup (梅. The ume plum in the tangy-sweet compote is delicious as its own, but even better with plum wine, plum juice, yogurt, ice cream, and shaved ice! You can have Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) using 2 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base)
- Prepare 1 kg of green plums (unripe).
- You need 1 kg of rock sugar (crystallized white sugar).
After making Japanese plum wine (umeshu) or plum syrup , you now end up with the used ume plums. Japanese people love Ume plum as an essential Superfood! We make salted Ume (umeboshi), Ume juice and Ume wine (ume-syu). I am sure many people are big fan of Ume-syu, the Plum wine that is quite often served in Japanese restaurants.
Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) step by step
- To sanitize a glass jar, pour boiling water in the jar, drain well and air dry..
- Wash plums gently, remove hulls with a bamboo stick, and dry well with paper towels one by one. Please make sure the plums are dried well otherwise the moisture of plums will cause growing mold in the jar..
- I recommend using rock sugar for making plum wine. It takes time to dissolve and that means it helps to extract the flavors from the plums at a slower pace..
- Layer the plums and the sugar alternately in the jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool, dark place. You can start using this syrup after it’s been resting for at least 2 weeks. Give it a gently shake the jar everyday to mix sugar. That helps the extract comes out from the plum. Better to write the date you started on the jar so that you can remember when the plum gets ready to be used!.
If you are ume-syu lover, this is absolutely perfect you, because it has a very similar taste and it is healthier! This creates an ultra-concentrated syrup that can be cut with water to make a juice; poured on pancakes or yogurt; or even used as a flavorful sweetener for marinades and sauces. Umé is a member of the Prunus genus, and although it's often translated as "plum", umé is actually more closely related to apricots. Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) If you want to enjoy Japanese plum flavor drink but prefer juice to alcohol beverage, home made plum juice is perfect fit! You can drink it cut with water, soda or even hot water when you want it in cold winter.