Forest Pie, Elk Version. Local state forest harvest schedules promote and maintain desired forest landscape conditions while providing a sustainable flow of forest products. See more ideas about Elk drawing, Wildlife art, Animal art. But you may have to act fast as this top elk painting forests is set to become one of the most sought-after best-sellers in no time.
Soft, moist chocolate cake with cherry filling and whipped cream. This decadent classic cake has German roots. It's also called a Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte and consists of several layers of chocolate sponge cake, cherry syrup, fresh cherries, whipped cream and decorated with chocolate shavings. You can cook Forest Pie, Elk Version using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Forest Pie, Elk Version
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 8 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipes.
- It’s of Gravy bottom.
- You need 1 pound of ground elk.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 of ground black pepper.
- It’s To taste of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium shallot diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose unbleached flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 12 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- You need 8 ounces of whole mushrooms I used baby portobello.
- It’s 15 ounces of English peas.
This version is a cross between my Mom's recipe and my own adaption of her recipe. Typically, I wouldn't make Shepard's Pie very often because it took so long because you had to cook and mash potatoes, cook the meat layer, assemble and bake. Remove from oven and serve with a side of sour cream. Ingredients include ground game meat, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, potatoes and tarragon.
Forest Pie, Elk Version step by step
- Make the potatoes you can mash, rice, or get instant, it's up to you..
- Dice the shallot and slice the mushrooms..
- Brown the elk in a pan with a stick of butter, and the shallots and mushrooms. Season with salt and peppers..
- Add flour and sauté for a bit. Add in milk and cream. Stirring often. Stir and heat until thickened to your desire. Now stir in the peas..
- Add gravy to pan. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake 30 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
Notice: This is only a preliminary collection of relevant material The data and research currently presented here is a preliminary collection or relevant material. We will further develop our work on this topic in the future (to cover it in the same detail as for example our entry on World Population Growth). If you have expertise in this area and would like to contribute, apply here to join. Tourtière: A French-Canadian Meat Pie Recipe. We specialize in quality used heavy construction equipment.