(Venison) Chili. Mild & Tender Domestic Gourmet Venison for Sale. Organically raised deer and elk shipped from our farm to your door. Many New Englanders have freezers stocked with venison from autumn hunting expeditions.
You can make the chili a day ahead and refrigerate; reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. A can of good beer cooks down and gently flavors your deer stew. Especially good over open fires, with lots of friends. You can cook (Venison) Chili using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of (Venison) Chili
- You need 1 pound of ground venison.
- It’s 1 packet of chili spices or use the spices in your pantry.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of Bush’s Chili Beans (or whatever beans you like).
- Prepare of Chili toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onion, Fritos.
You can use chunks of venison for a heartier stew, but it might take longer to cook. Dredge the stew meat in salt, pepper, and flour and add to the pot. Venison Chili – One of the easiest ground venison recipes made on the stovetop or slow cooker, that will become a staple in your home when you have a freezer full of deer meat! We love chili around here, AND deer meat.
(Venison) Chili step by step
- Cook bell pepper and onion in a little olive oil in a large pot. I used half of 2 bell peppers..
- Once the vegetables are going, brown the meat WITH the spices down in a cast iron skillet of rippling hot olive oil..
- Add the meat into the pot once it’s browned and the vegetables are soft. Add the can of tomato sauce and beans..
- Let it all simmer (while you make some buttermilk cornbread) for maybe an hour..
- Serve with desired toppings..
Any chili recipe will taste best if cooked in a Dutch Oven, layering flavors as described above. However, you can make venison chili in a slow cooker by simply adding all of the ingredients together and letting it simmer away. It is an easy way to make chili, and it still tastes great. The hunt is on for the perfect venison chili. Choose from this selection of hearty venison chilis and give your taste buds something new to try.