Elk burgers. America's Value Leader for USDA Elk All cuts, Steaks, Roasts, Burger Great Selection of Superior Quality Elk Products on Sale. Preheat a grill, cast iron skillet or flat top over medium-high heat. Add the elk to a bowl with the salt and pepper.
If, however, you are grinding your own elk burger, consider getting some beef fat from your local butcher. Elk Burger: Seasoned with Salt, Black Pepper, and Cayenne, topped with Roasted Garlic and Onion Mayo. Mix the ground elk with the spices. You can have Elk burgers using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Elk burgers
- Prepare 1 lb of elk meat.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 packages of container blue cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need dash of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 large of red onion chopped small..diced.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s dash of salt.
This is roughly a pound of ground elk meat that we picked up at the farmers market. I really like the way elk meat tastes; it is unlike other venison in its mildness. FOR THE BURGERS; Combine the meat with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and the olive oil, elk has virtually no fat in it so if you want the patties to stay together while you grill them then you have to add some fat. Elk burgers are simple to make, and the lean meat will stick together well with the addition of a splash of olive oil.
Elk burgers instructions
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form patties making 4 -6.
- cook over medium to medium/high heat.
- Flip about every 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with a nice bun..lettace…tomatoes. ..and smile.
Use some garlic salt (or plain sea salt) but you will want to savour the taste of grilled elk meat with no additonal seasonings. There's a reason why elk meat is so popular. These elk burger recipes can be transferred to ground venison or other similar meats, but really bring out the flavor of elk meat the best. Start with two pounds ground elk meat, and try one of these three ingredient lists to make them special. Just add all the ingredients to the ground meat in a large bowl and divide into burger-sized patties.