Southern BBQ Venison. Mild & Tender Domestic Gourmet Venison for Sale. Healthy & Natural Venison Products in Steaks, Chops & More. Southern-Style Honey Barbecue Venison Jerky Recipe Here's a southern-style venison jerky recipe that's sure to be a favorite.
This is a venison version of a pulled pork barbecue, made with a tomato soup based barbecue sauce. Remove venison from slow cooker and shred with forks (see "For the pot"). Drain liquid from slow cooker and discard. You can cook Southern BBQ Venison using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern BBQ Venison
- You need of Marinade.
- You need 25 oz of Bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Jack Daniels.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of Steaks.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of venison steak.
I like to just replace what would be ground beef with ground venison. Venison Burgers, Smoked Habanero Venison Jerky, Grilled Venison Medallions.. Garden and Gun Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chunks of venison into a shallow baking dish, and pour enough apple cider in to cover them.
Southern BBQ Venison step by step
- Combine all marinade ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Place steaks in marinade for desired time. Cover and put in fridge.
- Cook steaks on grill to your liking.
Cover, and refrigerate for two hours. For dinner, try this pulled venison on hamburger buns as a twist on sloppy joes, served with coleslaw or your favorite bbq side dish, or in tacos. Start by slicing onions and layering them on the bottom of your slow cooker. They will plump up and fit the buns fine. Tip: To help prevent any burger from rising up in the center, press your thumb into the center about halfway down.