Deer meat chili. Organically raised deer and elk shipped from our farm to your door. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and stir together with chiles, beans, broth oregano, cumin, salt and paprika.
Combine the meat, onion, bell pepper and vinegar in a large pan. Cook until the meat is brown, while stirring to. You can use chunks of venison for a heartier stew, but it might take longer to cook. You can cook Deer meat chili using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deer meat chili
- You need 1 lb of deer meat.
- You need 2 can of chili beans.
- It’s 2 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 envelope of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 gallon of v8 juice.
- It’s 1/2 lb of hamburger meat.
Dredge the stew meat in salt, pepper, and flour and add to the pot. Add celery, red bell pepper, fresh tomatoes, even a little chopped carrot. Venison chili is rich and hearty, made with ground meat, bacon, veggies, and healthy beef bone broth. Make it on a stovetop or in a slow cooker!
Deer meat chili step by step
- Cook hamburger meat and deer meat together first in separate pan then drain when brown.
- In large pan combined all ingredients and let simmer for 2 hours.
Deer meat chili is a comforting, paleo, keto, and low carb meal for hunting season or any cold weather night. Many New Englanders have freezers stocked with venison from autumn hunting expeditions. If venison is not available, substitute ground sirloin. Garnish with reduced-fat sour cream and/or reduced-fat shredded cheddar, if desired. You can make the chili a day ahead and refrigerate; reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.