Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili. My first try at venison chili in the crock pot. I Hope everyone else enjoys IT as well. Ground Venison Chili Crock Pot Recipes.
I use three different types of peppers; jalapeño, Anaheim, and yellow bell pepper. It is just the right amount of heat! I top the chili with cheddar cheese, green onions, and serve cornbread on the side. You can cook Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili
- It’s 1 lb of venison shank steaks.
- Prepare 2 lb of venison – ground.
- You need 3/4 lb of Bratwurst.
- You need 12 medium of tomatoes or 2- 28 oz whole peeled cans.
- You need 1 can of Red Beans 15.5 oz can.
- Prepare 1 can of Navy Beans 15.5 oz can.
- You need 1 can of Whole Kernel Corn 15.25 oz can.
- You need 2 large of Red Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 1 large of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of Orange Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 2 packages of Sazon Goya Seasoning.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Smoked Paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 3 dash of Tobasco.
- You need 1 can of Tomato Paste 6 oz can.
- You need 12 of Jalapenos (optional).
- Prepare 2 of Ghost Peppers (very optional).
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Here is a recipe for all you hunters or wives of hunters! Crock-Pot Recipe Collection Croissants Crookneck Squash Crushed Pineapple Crushed Pork Rinds Crushed Tomatoes Crustless Quiche Crusty Bread Crusty Italian Bread Cube Steak Cubed Beef Cuisinart. To thicken it up a bit at the end and to add more of the salt factor I added some Queso Quesadilla. Skinnytaste > Crock Pot Recipes > Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili Recipe.
Smokey Crock-pot Venison Chili instructions
- Using a large frying pan, sautee the steaks and brats on medium heat..
- If useing garden tomatoes. Preheat oven to 350. Cut tomatoes in half and place them cut side down onto oiled cookie sheet. Drizzle oil onto tomatoes and sprinkle with salt. Roast in oven for 20 minutes..
- Remove steaks at medium doneness leaving the brats and juices. Sautee the ground venison until medium..
- Cut steaks into 1/2" pieces and put into crockpot. Add ground venison and all the cooking juices. (Venison is very lean so it is juices not fat). Leave alone for 10 minutes so the meat reassorbs the juices..
- Sautee brats longer until slightly charred. Then slice into 1/2" pieces and add to crockpot.
- Take tomatoes out of oven. Using two forks, so you don't burn yourself, peel skin off and discard. Pour all juices and tomatoes into crockpot..
- Chop the peppers into 1/2" pieces and put into crockpot. Drain beans and corn and put them into crockpot..
- Add remaining ingredients except paste and stir till combined..
- Heat on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. I enjoy this chili over a slice of corn bread..
- After halfway cooking you can add paste if chili is too thin. Also can add jalapenos and/or your favorite hot sauce to heat things up..
Chicken Taco Chili is one of my favorite chili recipes! It's so good served in a bowl with multi-grain chips, topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese or avocados. Crockpot Venison And Beans, Crockpot Venison, Crockpot Venison Chili, etc. Home > Recipes > venison stew crock pot. New Orleans by the Bowl: Gumbos, Jambalayas, Soups and Stews.