Alligator bites. Add the alligator tails to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Dredge each piece in the Breading/Batter Mix and add to the oil. Remove the fried alligator to a plate lined with paper towels.
We can actually purchase gator meat, fresh or frozen, at some fresh seafood houses so this is something I would love to try cooking myself. This recipe was taken from the Texas Cooperative Extension Alligator Cookbook and is posted. Specific to the City of Largo, there. You can have Alligator bites using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Alligator bites
- It’s of ingredients for alligator bites.
- You need 2 lb of alligator meat cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of flour (all purpose).
- It’s 1 of salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- It’s 1 of oil enuff to pan fry or deep fry.
- It’s 1 dash of smoked paprika to taste.
- Prepare of tomato gravey.
- You need 4 of large vine ripe tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce 15 ounce.
- You need 1 of sugar, salt, black pepper to taste.
- You need 1 packages (12 ounces) of bacon cooked semi-crisp chopped.
Add the alligator tails to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Dredge each piece in the Breading/Batter Mix and add to the oil. Remove the fried alligator to a plate lined with paper towels. Try this gator bites recipe made from alligator meat, hot sauce, cornmeal, and cajun seasoning.
Alligator bites step by step
- Marinate the alligator meat in 1 cup buttermilk overnight..
- Mix the cornstarch and flour together. add spices to the meat after you remove meat from the butter milk..
- Use flour and cornstarch mixture to cover meat. Then dip into 1/2 cup buttermilk. then dip back into flour cornstarch mixture. Then gently shake excessive flour mixture off..
- After that put into hot oil, 350°F Fahrenheit for deep frying. cook till its floating most of time it will be done if its not firm feeling fry a bit more..
- Serve with rice and tomato gravy and fried corn bread..
- Chop the tomatoes put into pot..
- Add can of tomato sauce, spices, and add 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings with bacon. simmer to let thicken about 20 mins..
- You can substitute the rice for southern style grits or macaroni elbows. if grits or rice use like a gravey. if macaroni mix it after boiling the elbows all three of these are typically a true southern dishes..
Perfectly seasoned, these bite-size alligator nuggets are battered and ready to fry! Ingredients: On this episode of Breaking Trail, Coyote takes a serious BITE from an American Alligator! From coast to coast across the United States and all over the world, American Alligators are becoming. Also Check out our newly refashioned clothing line complete with Hats, Visors, Tanks, Halters, SweatShirts and much More!!! "Alligator Bait" is the term drives [sic] from an activity conducted by white men, mostly in the swamps of Louisiana and Florida throughout the south. These white people were sick beyond belief.