Major's venison stew. This is a great stew and easy to make. I married into a big hunting family and my freezer is stocked with venison this is a great meal! will make again and again! In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
His grandfather gave me the hint of adding cabbage to the stew, it definately enhances the flavor! The Spruce Eats / Diana Chistruga Serve the casserole with simple, fresh, green vegetables and a spoon or two of lovely mashed potatoes to soak up the juices. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add venison. You can have Major's venison stew using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Major's venison stew
- You need 2 lb of venison.
- You need 3 large of potatoes.
- You need 4 medium of carrots.
- It’s 2 medium of onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 14 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Pour beer and broth over venison. This Slow Cooker Venison Stew Recipe is everything you / I / all of us need. Filling, warming, comforting, super easy and tasty. One of the best meals for winter.
Major's venison stew step by step
- dice vegetables into equal size pieces.
- cut venison into 1 inch cubes.
- place all ingredients into crockpot and cook on low for 8 hrs.
Season the stew meat with salt and pepper. Put the flour and the stew meat into a gallon zip-loc bag and give it a few good shakes. Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot. I really like to use a good cast iron Dutch oven. Remove the floured stew meat and brown in the oil.