Stewed tomatoes and okra with venison. Stewed tomatoes and okra with venison This dish is fresh and hearty. The wild rice goes so well with it, really letting the flavors of the dish shine! Bring the okra stew to a boil, then lower the heat and cover almost all the way but allow a little opening at the top.
Fresh summer okra, sliced and cooked with canned tomatoes (you could use fresh instead), bacon, onion, celery, and a few seasonings makes a delicious vegetable side dish for almost any meal. I look forward to eating okra each and every summer. Stewed Okra and Tomatoes is a classic summertime side dish recipe featuring fresh okra cooked in a mixture of canned tomatoes and flavored with a little bit of sugar, salt and pepper. You can have Stewed tomatoes and okra with venison using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stewed tomatoes and okra with venison
- Prepare 2 cans of stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of p fresh or frozen okra.
- It’s 2 c of water.
- You need 1 of p venison.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of each garlic and onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander.
Begin by sauteing the bacon pieces until browned over medium heat. Remove the cooked bacon and reserve for garnish later. Diced tomatoes: It's best to use petite-diced tomatoes, or give regular diced tomatoes an extra chop. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions.
Stewed tomatoes and okra with venison step by step
- Brown venison in cast iron skillet with a little bit of butter..
- Add vegetables and saute until flavor is brought out (about 4 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, okra, water and seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook 45 minutes stirring occasionally..
- I served mine with wild rice. Garnished with fresh cherry tomatoes and parsley..
Stewed okra and tomatoes was one of the dishes my dad made all the time and probably one of the first recipes he taught me how to cook. There are certain ingredients that compliment each other very well, and one of those combinations is okra and tomatoes. Slow simmered together these stewed okra and tomatoes are the perfect example of southern. If you want rice, let's make it while that's cooking. Stewed Okra With Tomatoes And Onion.