Venison Medallions/Steaks. Organically raised deer and elk shipped from our farm to your door. Healthy & Natural Venison Products in Steaks, Chops & More. USDA Elk, Whitetail, Fallow & Reds Value Priced Steaks,Roasts & Jerky A venison medallion is a cut of meat that comes from the backstrap area of a deer.
It's the ribeye in beef and loin in pork. Tenderloins are the two strips of very tender meat under the loin, behind the ribs. This is filet mignon in beef. You can have Venison Medallions/Steaks using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Venison Medallions/Steaks
- It’s 2 lb of venison loin(room temperature).
- Prepare of Coarse Sea Salt.
- Prepare of Coarse Black Pepper.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of McCormick Garlic/Herb/Black Pepper and Sea Salt Spice.
- You need of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Green Bell Pepper.
- You need 3 Sprigs of Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of large Sprig of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s 7 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of extra Virgin Olive Oil.
For general tips on cooking venison steak, here is an article on the subject I wrote for Petersen's Hunting. Slice the venison and serve with mushroom sauce over the top. This is good with a vegetable mash, such as winter squash or cauliflower, and some sautéed or grilled greens. A recipe for Acorn squash mash follows the venison recipes.
Venison Medallions/Steaks step by step
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees, pat dry the meat, rub olive oil all over, generously coat all sides with coarse sea salt, coarse pepper and McCormick spice. Leave to sit..
- Peel garlic, cut bell peppers..
- You will need a deeper over safe pan..
- Heat olive oil on med high heat, add garlic, rosemary and thyme. Move around until garlic is golden brown..
- Move garlic and spices to sides, add meat, allow to sear on all sides.
- Sear all sides.
- Add butter(be generous) stir around.
- Add bell peppers, stir around.
- Place pan in oven and leave for 15 minutes. Take out flip and place back in oven for another 5 minutes.
- Take out of dish and place on a plate or cutting board, allow to sit 10 mins.
- Heat remaining sauce in pan adding a little butter, stir until thick… This will be your sauce.
- Slice meat into desired steaks/medallions.
- Serve with the sides of your choosing, in this case green beans(frozen pack) and mashed potatoes(instant)…lets face it sometimes we dont have the time to make sides from scratch, thank god for frozen and instant sides lol. Use the bell peppers to decorate and sauce to spread over steaks. I pour some Worcestershire sauce on the side to dip. Enjoy.
We buy venison meat from family owned farms in New Zealand, where the deer are raised free-range, feeding the pristine pastures. Always free of antibiotics, hormones and genetically engineered feed. Our venison fillet is cut into small medallions for quick and easy pan-frying. Always bring venison steak to room temperature before cooking. Oil the meat and not the pan; just rub a little oil over the surface and season with freshly ground black pepper.