Venison Stew. Cubes of venison stew meat are browned with onions and garlic and combined with Worcestershire sauce, oregano and covered with water in this stew with chunks of carrots and potatoes. I had no choice but to lean to cook some years ago while my wife recuperated from surgery. Venison Stew Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
This is the man's favorite stew recipe. His grandfather gave me the hint of adding cabbage to the stew, it definately enhances the flavor! A classic French venison stew takes on deep, delicious flavors in this easy to use, quick-made delicious recipe. You can cook Venison Stew using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Venison Stew
- It’s 1 pound of venison.
- You need 2 of large red onions.
- You need 3 of heaped tablespoons garlic.
- You need 5 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 3 of carrots sliced.
- You need 4 of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 bundle of cilantro.
- You need 1 carton of beef stock.
- It’s as needed of Flour.
- You need As needed of seasoned salt.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- It’s As needed of pepper.
- It’s As needed of oregano.
- Prepare As needed of basil.
- It’s As needed of paprika.
- Prepare As needed of thyme.
- You need As needed of tumeric.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
A great venison stew is a wonderful way to remember the hunt, and to use under-used cuts of venison. My rendition of venison stew plays on an aspect of Eastern deer hunting: The food plot. Venison Stew : A Southern Recipe. Do you ever make a meal that you are proud of?
Venison Stew step by step
- Simply pour everything except flour into slow cooker..
- Low heat for 10 hours.
- At 8 hours mix flour in until stew is at preferred thickness.
- At ten hours remove from slow cooker.
Ingredients Needed to Make Venison Stew: Venison- we used tenderloin, but you can also use roast, backstrap. Crockpot Venison Stew is slow-cooked to perfection in a dark rich broth full of deer meat, potatoes This Crockpot Venison Stew will do exactly that. So flavorful and delicious, there won't be a drop left. In a mixing bowl, toss the venison with flour and Essence. Crockpot Venison Stew Recipe: We have all the instructions for this simple dinner in the printable Ingredients for Making venison stew in your pressure cooker or slow cooker.