Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆. Braised Eggplant with Garlic Sauce is a classic Sichuan dish that combines soft simmered eggplant, fermented soy beans, and a sweet, garlicky sauce. For this version, I like to add a few tablespoons of chopped up preserved mustard root and incorporate the garlic in a couple of ways: first, by cooking. Braised eggplants with garlic sauce is my favorite method of making eggplants in this autumn, using very basic seasonings and producing a well balanced dish with strong garlic aroma.
However, it is very tricky to cook eggplant. Many people struggle to perfect it because of eggplant absorbs oil quickly and become soggy, at the same time it lost its appetizing. Sichuan eggplant stir fry, or yú xiāng eggplant (鱼香茄子), is one of those under-appreciated real-deal Sichuan dishes that deserves more attention. You can have Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆
- It’s 1 lb of Chinese eggplant, hand broken into inch length.
- You need 1 Tsp of salt in 4 cups of water for brining.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of cooking wine.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of green onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 Tsp of tamari sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of Pixian broadbean paste.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Chinese aged vinegar.
It contains soy sauce, Chinkiang vinegar, sugar, fermented spicy bean paste (dòubànjiàng), chili peppers, and a great amount of fresh garlic, ginger. This is a quick and easy Chinese Eggplant recipe with a spicy garlic sauce that's so addictive. Plus, the eggplant pieces are so tender, they almost melt in your. Braised Eggplant With Tofu in Garlic SauceSerious Eats.
Braised eggplant in garlic sauce鱼香茄子🍆 instructions
- Soak eggplant in salty water for 5 minutes to remove excess water in eggplant..
- Get ready for all other ingredients. Squeeze out brining water in eggplant and set them aside..
- In a heat wok, saute eggplant in oil until they begin to soften for about a minute. Add carrot, onion and garlic, keep stirfry until aromatic for another minutes..
- Season with broadbean paste and pour in cooking wine. Cover up all eggplants with hot water and simmer for about 15 minutes on medium heat until soft and liquid reduce 2/3..
- Turn up the heat and keep stir very gently. Reduce the juice to almost nothing and splash in vinegar and a touch of honey. Adjust seasoning if necessary towards the end..
- Toss green onion in right before plating..
I was looking for some way to cook eggplant with the ingredients I had on hand that would Szechuan Spicy Eggplant recipe (鱼香茄子) with cooking video – The stir fried crispy eggplant is cooked with a rich Szechuan spicy sweet and savory sauce. Eggplant is the star of vegetarian entrée. The aromatic sauce is flavored heavily with garlic and has just the right amount of Chinese five spice and chili oil. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin, vinegar, Chinese five spice. I love Stir Fry Chinese Eggplant in Garlic Sauce!