Poondu chutney (Garlic chutney). the poondu chutney recipe is simple and easy to make, yet some important tips and suggestions to be considered. firstly, do not compromise on the freshness of the garlic pods used for this chutney. it has to be fresh for the full power and flavour of the garlic chutney. secondly, you can extend this recipe. Poondu Chutney recipe with step by step pictures. This is a perfect chutney for all garlic lovers.
In this video we will see how to make Poondu chutney / garlic chutney at home. This garlic chutney is an excellent combination for dosa and idli. This garlic chutney is super quick to make and has become one of my favourites. You can have Poondu chutney (Garlic chutney) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Poondu chutney (Garlic chutney)
- It’s 1/2 cup of garlic peeled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion chopped.
- You need 3-4 of red chilly.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Salt as required.
- It’s of To Temper (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Urad dal.
- You need 4-5 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
Method: Get all your ingredients ready. I have already posted Madurai style garlic chutney recipe. This is similar to that, but instead of tamarind we are using tomatoes. The highlight of the chutney is the pungent smell of raw garlic.
Poondu chutney (Garlic chutney) step by step
- Heat a pan with oil. Add onion, garlic, red chilly and sauté until onion becomes glassy. Add salt and grind into smooth paste..
- To Temper: Heat a pan with oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add Urad dal. Once it turns brown add curry leaves. Add ground paste and sauté for 2-3 mins..
- Serve with idli or dosa.
Some people doesn't like that but i highly recommend to try this Kara poondu chutney recipe. Raw Garlic Chutney / Poondu Chutney goes very well with idli and dosa. This is a hot, spicy chutney which can be made in a jiffy also. Grinding chutney to a smooth or coarse paste is your choice. This tangy Poondu Chutney Recipe / Garlic Chutney goes very well with Dosai, Idlies.