Honey Garlic Chicken on Black Japonica Rice. Saw a recipe for puffy sugar cookies and decided to put my own twist on it. These came out tasting wonderful and more like a European tea cookie. I thought the amount of honey & garlic powder sounded like too much for six pieces of chicken so I changed it up a little.
Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. You can cook Honey Garlic Chicken on Black Japonica Rice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey Garlic Chicken on Black Japonica Rice
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts (skinless and boneless, cubed).
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of black japonica rice.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to combine. One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice. One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice is so amazingly tasty that I guarantee you it will become one of your go-to dinners. This meal is so easy to make, budget-friendly, easy to find ingredients and bursting with flavors.
Honey Garlic Chicken on Black Japonica Rice instructions
- Follow instructions on the bag for the japonica rice. Start this at the beginning. Black rice takes longer to cook..
- Place the cubed chicken breast in a bowl and add the flour, salt and pepper. Toss the chicken in the flour until fully coated..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) over a high heat. Add the chicken, and cook until golden brown..
- Combine honey, chicken stick, rice vinegar and soy sauce in a separate bowl. Mix well..
- Add the butter to the pan, let it melt, then add the garlic and stir together. Turn the heat down to medium so the garlic doesn't burn, then pour in the sauce..
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then simmer for 4-5 minutes until the sauce slightly reduces and thickens.
- Serve over boiled rice and enjoy!.
The chicken is incredibly tender and served with the most delicious, sticky, honey. Honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic all come together to make a sauce that is sticky, sweet, and is infused all through the chicken. Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta, or a salad. Toss the chicken with the quarter cup of flour and let sit while you mix the sauce ingredients. Put your jasmine rice in a pot with water and cook as directed on package.