Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk. Turn off the heat then stir in butter, cheese and serve with grated yolk over the top. Finely grate cured egg yolks over soups, pastas, or salads as you would a hard cheese. This was easy and fun to make! (I just cut the recipe in a quarter because I only had one egg.) While it's a cute party trick and fun to put on pasta, asparagus, other.
Tagliatelle with Basil and Egg Yolk Recipe. Your source for quick recipe every single week day. The recipe is a nod to pesto but without pine nuts to thicken it. You can have Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk
- It’s 1 of Cured egg yolk.
- It’s 2 cups of pasta.
- It’s 6 cup of chix stock.
- It’s 2 tbs of Homemade basil garlic butter.
Instead, the recipe takes a cue from pasta carbonara, mixing an egg yolk into the base of pureed. Egg yolks are one of the most magical of foods. Chefs all over the world wax poetic about them, but it's hard to understand why when all you might be exposed to are the wan And once you've made the cured yolks, you can use them over pasta for months. What else can you do with cured egg yolk?
Garlic basil pasta with cured egg yolk step by step
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and pull pasta out it can be any pasta or home made pasta.
- Add pasta to stock and cook for 7-10 mins till al dente.
- Drain the liquid and add garlic basil butter to bowl and let it melt on pasta for 2 mins then mix.
- Get cured eggyolks and use cheese grater or zester and grate on top of pasta.
Place an egg yolk into each indentation. Gently cover yolks with remaining salt mixture. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cured egg yolks have all the richness of fine cheese, along with a salty tang that comes from the curing process. They're equally at home finely grated on top of pasta or topping a tasty dessert.