Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken. If you love a classic lemon and basil flavor profile, you're in for a delightful surprise. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the orzo pasta. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
Add juice of half a lemon and cook for an additional few minutes. This lemon orzo salad recipe is a fresh, healthy, and colorful summer salad that's a breeze to make! I'm back with another recipe with everyone's favorite rice-shaped pasta! You can cook Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken
- You need 3 cups of cooked orzo(1 1/2 cups uncooked).
- You need .75 oz of fresh basil fine chopped (reserve 3tbsp for service).
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves minced.
- You need of Zest of 1 large lemon.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 5 tbsp of unsalted butter lemonade pepper season.
- It’s 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
I'm not quite sure why, but orzo seems to be very popular (you loved this Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup), so I've added even more orzo recipes to my never-ending recipe list spreadsheet. This lemon orzo salad also includes grilled chicken breasts, seasoned very simply with salt and pepper. After the chicken comes off the grill, it's shredded into bite-size pieces and folded into the lemony salad. Feel free to bulk up this salad with more grilled chicken for an even bigger protein boost.
Lemon Garlic Basil Orzo with Grilled Chicken step by step
- Salt your water and boil the orzo until aldente, strain and rinse to stop the cooking..
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to a pan a cook the garlic until fragrant. Add juice of half a lemon and cook for an additional few minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp of butter until the sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta and the peas and a couple pinches of salt and heat through. Add the basil for a few minutes followed by Parmesan cheese, up to you how much. Taste for salt or additional lemon juice and serve with lemon pepper chicken. Finish with some fresh basil if you have it..
This plate of Crispy Lemon Feta with Spiced Chickpeas and Basil Orzo is a great easy meatless dinner for any night of the week. Crispy pan-fried feta cheese paired with spiced chickpeas and zucchini and severed over a creamy garlic lemon yogurt and buttery basil orzo. It would be phenomenal in any salad-type recipe calling for cooked or grilled chicken. Avocado Chicken Salad Grilled Chicken Orzo Salad with Honey Lime Dressing Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad Chopped Greek Chicken Salad Greek Chicken Burritos Add it to either of these salads: Orzo Salad with Basil, Tomatoes and Feta or Summer Roasted Vegetable Orzo. This easy orzo recipe reminds me a lot of my recent Greek Lemon Chicken and Orzo recipe, which has been very popular so far with readers.