Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken. Serve your honey garlic instant pot chicken breast with rice or quinoa and veggies for a complete, quick dinner! The Instant Pot is a dream come true for getting quick, healthy dinners on your table. Once you set your Instant Pot to pressure cook, you can focus on preparing other parts of your meal – or taking care of your kids.
Return chicken to the pot and pour honey mixture on top. This Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is a Chinese-style dish bursting with honey-garlic flavor. And because you make it in the Instant Pot, it's also really quick to make. You can have Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water or vegetable broth or chicken broth.
- You need 1 of ⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 of ⁄4 cup honey.
- It’s 2-4 cloves of garlic minced (depending on how much you love garlic).
- It’s 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
Step two, take out the meat and thicken the sauce. Make Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe (Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken) using a few pantry staples. Tender, juicy chicken glazed with deliciously sweet Honey Garlic Sauce. Mix together minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce.
Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken instructions
- Combine water or broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic and pepper in Instant Pot. Stir..
- Add the chicken breasts to the Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid and turn the steam valve to the sealing position..
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook/manual, high pressure. Set the cook time according to the size of your chicken breasts. For fresh: 8 minutes for small (7-8 ounce) chicken breasts, 10 minutes for medium (10 ounce) chicken breasts, or 11 minutes for large (12 ounce) chicken breasts..
- For frozen chicken breasts, add 3 minutes to the cooking times listed in step 4, and pressure cook (manual) at high pressure. Be sure that your chicken breasts are not stuck together as that will increase the pressure cook time.
- The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and then will start counting down the cook time. When it beeps to let you know the cook time has finished, carefully quick release the pressure by using the handle of a long spoon to turn the steam valve to venting. (If your chicken breasts were frozen, do a 10 minute natural release instead of a quick release. Just leave the Instant Pot alone for 10 minutes before turning the steam valve to the venting position.).
- Wait for the steam to escape and the pin to drop down. Then, carefully remove the lid.
- Use an instant read thermometer to test the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be at least 165 degrees F. If the temperature is lower, finish cooking the chicken using the Instant Pot's saute mode.
- Remove chicken to a clean plate or cutting board..
- In a small bowl, stir together the 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Turn the Instant Pot on saute mode and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until the liquid has thickened, 2-3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and remove the inner pot to stop the cooking process.
- Slice the chicken and stir it back into the sauce in the pot. Serve with rice and vegetables, or as desired.
- To Make as a Freezer Meal: 1. Add water or broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic, pepper and chicken to a heavy duty zip top freezer bag. 2. Freeze flat for up to 3 months. 3. When ready to cook, thaw in cool water just until sauce is thawed. Transfer to Instant Pot and cook as directed above.
Once the chicken thighs are done browning, turn off the sauté function and then pour on the honey garlic sauce. Close your Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal. Saute the garlic a little bit. Pour in the sauce and cover the lid. Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken I have been getting more and more use out of my Instant Pot and I'm in awe at how fast it is to cook and how tender the meat comes out!