Vickys Plum Gin. Greenhook Gin is macerated for over six months with the whole plums and filtered prior to bottling. Deep berry and floral notes, a meaty texture on the palate, rich and delicious; perfect for a. J Whitley Plum Gin is a delightfully flavoursome gin.
Transfer the plums to a large nonreactive saucepan and add lemon juice and gin. Sterilise the jars and any other equipment before you start (see tip). How to make plum and cinnamon gin. You can cook Vickys Plum Gin using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Plum Gin
- You need 800 g of ripe plums.
- You need 200 g of granulated sugar.
- It’s 70 cl of good gin (or vodka).
This is a fantastic homemade Christmas hamper gift, and would taste wonderful with ginger beer and ice cubes! ⭐ Blog. While gin is, by definition, flavoured, there has been a rise in lower-strength, sweet, gin-based liqueurs. Popular flavours include fruits (damson, raspberry), floral (violet, rose), or spices such as ginger. J Whitley, showing off the very best of the autumnal fruit in a juicy spirit.
Vickys Plum Gin step by step
- Wash the plums then pierce all over with a fork.
- Put into a sterilised Kilner jar / jars with the sugar then pour the gin over.
- Seal the jar and shake it.
- Leave the jar in a cool dark cupboard, shaking again every day for the next 3 days to dissolve the sugar well.
- Let stand for 3 months without disturbing it, then strain through a fine muslin cloth.
- Don't discard the plums. They're perfect for a fruit crumble with their extra flavouring now!.
- Pour the gin into a clean, sterilised bottle / bottles and enjoy!.
It's housed in a fabulous pink bottle too, which looks just as jammy as the gin tastes. Greenhook Ginsmiths Beach Plum Gin Liqueur is one of our new favorite elixirs. (The flavoring and deep, almost claret color come from beach plums. These tiny, maritime fruits are members of the. The Best Plum Wine Cocktails Recipes on Yummly "plum Wine", Plum Wine, Pomegranate Plum Wine Ice Pops.