Rhubarb gin. Find Deals on Rhubarb Gin in Gourmet Gifts on Amazon. Your Online Liquor Outlet Wash the rhubarb, trim the stalks and discard the base and any leaves. Put in a large jar with the sugar.
Homemade rhubarb gin is so easy to make and such a pleasure to enjoy. A sip of rhubarb gin is a complex hit of sour and sweet from the rhubarb, floating on a herby base with whispers of juniper, lemon and geranium. Rhubarb can contain different levels of sourness throughout the season, so taste and adjust sugar levels if needed. You can have Rhubarb gin using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb gin
- Prepare 1 kg of rhubarb, chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of white sugar.
- You need 70 cl of bottle cheap gin.
Using pink rhubarb stems will lend a nice pink colour to the gin. Add a vanilla pod if you fancy a gin that tastes a little like rhubarb and custard! This rhubarb gin cocktail is incredibly easy to whip up! Simply add gin, lemon juice, rhubarb syrup and egg white (if using) in a cocktail shaker filled three-quarters with ice.
Rhubarb gin instructions
- Put chopped rhubarb and sugar in a large jar, big enough for the gin to be added. Mix, cover and leave for 24 hrs..
- Once the sugar has drawn out the juices from the rhubarb, add the whole bottle of gin (yes, the whole thing!). Close the lid and give the jar a good shake to mix..
- Stare at it longingly for one month..
- Once the long month is over, strain the mixture through muslin (or a clean tea-towel) to remove the flecks of rhubarb. Transfer into glass bottles. The shocking pink colour will fade over time, this is natural and it will still taste just as delicious..
- Serve with ice and tonic..
Secure lid and vigorously shake until everything is thoroughly chilled. When I made those tarts the other day I had bought a big bunch of rhubarb. There was way too much for just one recipe so that rhubarb has been pressed into action for a few recipes. I'm sick to bloody death of rhubarb to be honest. Actually gin is fine, gin is always fine.