Lemon asparagus chicken pasta. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. This lemon asparagus pasta combines tender asparagus and grilled chicken in a creamy sauce.
Lemon Garlic Asparagus Pasta is a fast, easy, and fresh weeknight dinner that you'll come back to again and again and have memorized in no time. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the asparagus. Asparagus is one of my favorite Spring vegetables, and it pairs really well with the subtle lemon flavor in this One Pot Creamy Asparagus Chicken Pasta. You can cook Lemon asparagus chicken pasta using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon asparagus chicken pasta
- You need 1 lb. of linguine or spaghetti.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb. of asparagus, stalks trimmed and cut into thirds or quartered.
- It’s 3/4 c of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 c. of low-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3/4 c. of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 c. of freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish.
- You need 1 of lemon, sliced into half moons.
- It’s of Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish.
If asparagus is not your thing, broccoli, broccolini, zucchini, or even bell peppers would be great substitutes. We loved this pasta skillet with the chicken. Stir asparagus into the pot with the boiling penne pasta and bring back to a boil; cook until pasta is tender and Place penne and asparagus into a large bowl; lightly stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese This recipe was so tasty! I added cooked chicken and used whole grain pasta.
Lemon asparagus chicken pasta step by step
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot..
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest, then thinly slice..
- To skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic and simmer 5 minutes..
- Stir in cheeses and let cook until melty, then add lemon slices and cooked linguine..
- Top with sliced chicken and garnish with more Parmesan and parsley..
Once the asparagus is done preparing, take the chicken and place it back into the pan with the cooked onions and garlic. A creamy butter- and dairy-free white The sauce from the lemon asparagus pasta could easily be turned into a great sauce for crispy tofu and veggies, almost making a "chicken" a la king". Place your broth, pasta, cooked chicken and other goodies all in the same skillet. I topped mine off with a bit of fresh mozzarella and it was divine! A one pot meal with lemon chicken, pasta and asparagus is my kind of one pot meal.