Doi Potol. Doi Potol is a popular Bengali recipe and the Spicy version of this dish is a big hit in my home. I also have another Doi Potol recipe in my blog which is less spicier than this recipe. But if you are adding this spicy one in your menu today, I can guarantee you that will grab a lot of compliments from your family.
This is the easiest & simplest Parwal recipe you'll ever make. pointed gourd prepared with yogurt makes the recipe delicious. Doi Potol is a Bengali recipe native to Kolkata and is their favourite comfort food. You can have Doi Potol using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Doi Potol
- It’s 250 gms of parwal (pointed gourd).
- Prepare 2 of big onions (finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of gin-gar paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of haldi.
- You need 1 tbsp of sabzi masala.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s of Oil to deep fry.
- You need 3 tbsp of curd.
- It’s 1 tsp of zeera.
The vegetarian recipe is made using parwal which are called as potol in Bengali. The recipe is made out in the form of curry and is eaten popularly with rice. The Indian recipe is made by sautéing the parwal or potol in curd or doi. Doi Potol/ Dahi Parwal- Pointed Gourd shallow fried and simmered in a tangy yogurt sauce.
Doi Potol step by step
- Rinse and cut parwal in a way that it is joined together. See pic..
- Deep fry them and keep aside..
- In a kadhai put oil and let zeera splutter..
- Then add onions and fry till golden..
- Add gin-gar paste and sautè till raw aroma goes off..
- Add tomatoes to it and stir for a min..
- Then add all dry spices along with salt, and fry till it starts leaving oil..
- Then add water and bring it to boil..
- Lower the flame and add curd while stirring it continuosly..
- Then add parwal to it and cook futher till u get ur desired consistency..
- At last add garam masala and stir..
- Garnish with coriander leaves..
- It's done!! 🤗.
Doi Potol-Parwal is a very healthy seasonal vegetable mainly available during summer season in north and East India. It is a very healthy vegetable and it is very easy to digest and is light on tummy so always advised to have when ever you have any type of. The recipe of doi potol has quite a few variations but I like to prepare it in this way. The yogurt in the recipe gives a tangy taste to the curry and makes it silky and smooth. The cashew paste does not let the yogurt to split in the gravy and also helps the gravy to give a thick, creamy texture.