Soft Ginger Cookies. These nicely spiced, big soft ginger cookies are perfect for folks who like the flavor of ginger but don't care for crunchy gingersnaps. —Barbara Gray, Boise, Idaho. LOVE this Ginger Molasses Cookies recipe! These ginger cookies are perfectly soft and chewy, spiced with lots of ginger, cinnamon and cloves, easy to make, and irresistibly delicious.
Soft ginger cookies full of warm spices and flavor.without using molasses. A family favorite that we make multiple times a year! With plenty of spice and warmth, these soft and chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies are just what your holiday season has been waiting for! You can have Soft Ginger Cookies using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft Ginger Cookies
- It’s 2 1/4 Cups of Plain AP Flour.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1 Tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cloves.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter (soft).
- You need 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Soft Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Black treacle (Can use Molasses).
- It’s 1 of Large Egg.
- Prepare 1 Tbls of Cold Water.
- It’s 3-4 Tbls of Sugar for Coating.
These big, soft ginger cookies are one of my favorite kinds of cookies. They've got the perfect blend of sweet molasses, spicy ginger, and warm cinnamon. These cookies are soft and chewy with a little. A recipe for soft, thick, and puffy gingersnap molasses cookies.
Soft Ginger Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt..
- In a large bowl, cream together the Butter and Both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and treacle. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into small sized balls – About 1.5 Tsps full. Roll them in the remaining sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly..
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Then Turn around the tray and bake for another 4 mins until nice and brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely..
You can make them with Description. Soft-style and super thick gingersnap molasses cookies. These soft Gingerbread Cookies get more compliments than any other cookie recipes I have ever "These are the best ginger cookies I've ever had." "I didn't even know I liked gingersnap cookies. Once the soft ginger molasses cookies are baked – well, game on. The super soft cookie dough is rolled into balls and then rolled into granulated sugar to give that signature crunchy-sweet outer coating.