Ginger Milk Pudding. Ginger milk pudding or ginger milk curd is a very popular Chinese dessert made by ginger juice, milk and sugar. It is a magic dessert you will love after the first trying. To make this pudding, we do not need any other curd agent like gelatin or agar-agar.
Then pour the milk into the bowl with the ginger juice. Ginger milk pudding is formed by curdling milk with ginger juice. It is smooth and silky with a strong ginger taste. You can have Ginger Milk Pudding using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger Milk Pudding
- Prepare 25 g of ginger (yield about 1 tablespoon ginger juice), adjust to taste.
- You need 1 of large egg white.
- Prepare 125 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of honey (can be substituted with sugar), adjust to taste.
Not too sweet, not too spicy. You need three ingredients and a kitchen thermometer to make this. Steamed ginger milk pudding, a ginger-infused sweet custardy milk pudding is a delicious traditional Chinese dessert that is very easy to prepare and is extremely comforting, healthy and nourishing. The strong aroma of ginger makes this silky milk custard so warm and appealing.
Ginger Milk Pudding instructions
- Scrape off ginger skin with a spoon or peeler. Then grate it with microplane or the finest grater into a mesh strainer. Press grated ginger against the strainer to squeeze out the juice..
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Stir in honey until dissolved. Pour mixture into egg white. Whisk to combine..
- Into the bowl of ginger, strain the mixture to remove any foam. Stir to fully combine. Cover the bowl with foil..
- Place into a steamer. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes before opening the lid. Then uncover and enjoy it hot or chill it for a cold version..
Ginger milk curd, also known as ginger-juice milk curd, ginger milk pudding or simply ginger milk, is a Chinese hot dessert originated in Shunde District, Guangzhou in the Guangdong Province in southern China. The main ingredients are ginger, milk, and sugar. Water buffalo milk is used in the original recipe. Ginger milk curd, also known as ginger-juice milk curd, ginger milk pudding or simply ginger milk, is a Chinese hot dessert originated in Shunde District, Guangzhou in the Guangdong Province in southern China. The main ingredients are ginger, milk, and sugar.