Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry. Whisk in more curry paste according to taste, if desired. Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry Easy to make curry with lots of veggies. When reducing the coconut milk, be sure to keep it at a simmer rather than a boil, so it doesn't curdle.
NYT Cooking: The chef Patrick Jamon applies French cooking techniques to tropical ingredients grown, caught or gathered near his restaurant, Villa Deevena in Los Pargos, Costa Rica. He is particularly fond of grouper, which is often caught by his son Dean and served at the. Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry. cooking.nytimes.com. You can have Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry
- You need 2 of grouper fillets (about 6 ounces each), skin removed.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and black pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of spring onion (or the white portion of 1 large leek).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of minced fresh turmeric or1 teaspoon dried turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 of small carrot, peeled and julienned.
- You need 1/4 cup of snow peas, julienned.
- Prepare 1/2 (13 ounce) of can full-fat coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of red curry paste, plus more if needed.
- You need 1/8 cup of cilantro leaves, for garnish.
NYT Cooking: The chef Patrick Jamon applies French cooking techniques to tropical ingredients grown, caught or gathered near his restaurant, Villa Deevena in Los Pargos, Costa Rica. He is particularly fond of grouper, which is often caught by his son Dean and served at the. Grouper Fillets With Ginger and Coconut Curry Recipe. Tastes like a Thai coconut curry – except it's way faster to make.
Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry step by step
- Heat oven to 225 degrees..
- Season the fish generously with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. When the oil is hot, add the fish and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the dish..
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet. Add the spring onion trimmed, cut into 2-inch segments and julienned (about 1 cup) and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add the carrot, snow peas and green peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm..
- Add the coconut milk (I add some Greek yogurt to balance the sweetness of the coconut milk – 2 tablespoons and take 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk) and 1 tablespoon curry paste to the skillet, bring to a simmer over medium, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is reduced by about one-third, about 6 minutes. Whisk in more curry paste according to taste, if desired. Stir in the cooked vegetables and heat until warmed, about 1 minute..
- Divide the fish among shallow bowls. Spoon the sauce and vegetables over the fish, garnish with cilantro and serve..
Fish Dinner Seafood Dinner Fish And Seafood Fish Ideas For Dinner Good Recipes For Dinner Seafood Lasagna Gourmet Dinner Recipes Seafood Stew Delicious Dinner Recipes. Remove grouper from marinade and place on a baking sheet or broiler pan. Spoon the rice beside the fish and serve immediately. Rinse grouper fillets and pat dry. Mix fish sauce in a bowl with lime juice, sugar and a little oil.