Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce. Tofu Garlic (minced) Onion Grated Ginger Bokchoy. You could absolutely serve this tofu bok choy stir fry as a main course with some steamed rice, or make a feast of vegetarian Chinese dishes. Just to let you know that we featured your recipe for Sichuan Bok Choy Tofu Stir-fry in our recent Tofu article.
This one is SO pretty though Susan. I love that you used freshly squeezed OJ for the sauce. Stir-Fry Baby Bok Choy – an easy and quick way to cook this tasty and healthy vegetable. You can have Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce
- You need 4 oz of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of baby bokchoy, separate the stem and leaves then cut them.
- Prepare 1 of medium size carrot, cut into matchsticks.
- It’s 1/2 lb of firm tofu, cut about 1/2 inch cubes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, smashed then finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger, smashed then finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of green onion, separate the white and green parts, then cut them off.
- Prepare of For Ginger Sauce:.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine / Shao Xing Wine (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of ginger, grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
You can also use this technique to cook many other vegetables. Keywords: tofu stir fry, tofu stir fry recipe, vegan stir fry, black pepper tofu, black pepper tofu recipe, black pepper beef, seared tofu with I doubled the sauce with grated ginger, added more vegetables and tossed the whole thing over brown rice. The bok choy is super delicious and fresh tasting and all it takes is a bit of slicing the ends off and that's it. I served this with warm rice because rice will forever be a great love of mine.
Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce step by step
- Toss the tofu with soy sauce. Set aside..
- For Ginger Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside..
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the tofu to a clean bowl..
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the same pan. Saute the bokchoy stems and carrot. Stir for about 1-2 minutes. Add the green onion (the white part), garlic and chopped ginger. Stir until fragrant..
- Add shrimp and tofu. Stir until the shrimp changes color. Add the bokchoy leaves and green onions (green part). Stir for a while..
- Whisk the ginger sauce to recombine, then pour it to the pan and bring to a simmer and get thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and toss until all the ingredients are well coated with sauce and sizzling hot. Serve immediately..
YAS: Ginger Shrimp Stir-Fry with Garlic Bok Choy!! Use this Chinese boiled shrimp recipe and serve the ginger scallion dipping sauce right alongside your usual red cocktail sauce. As the summer heat rises, this quick, crazy easy, and fabulous recipe, Boiled Shrimp with Ginger Scallion Dipping Sauce, will get. Repeat with remaining tofu, removing tofu as necessary. Add oyster sauce; toss until tofu is evenly coated.