Ginger Bread Cookies. Find Deals on Gingerbread Men Cookies in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. Gingerbread Cookie Mix layered in a one quart canning jar. Place a circle of gingerbread fabric between lid and ring and tie a gingerbread man cookie cutter onto jar with ribbon!
By using a toothpick to make a hole in the top of the cookie. I must have been using potent powdered ginger: unlike other reviewers I found my cookies to have a hot ginger taste. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. You can have Ginger Bread Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ginger Bread Cookies
- You need 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
- It’s 4 ounces of shortning.
- You need 1 ounce of molasses.
- Prepare 3 of each eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 3 1/4 cups of flour.
Cut out cookies with desired cutter– the ginger bread man is our favorite of course. Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow the cookies to stand until the cookies are firm enough to move to a wire rack. These cookies had a great texture and are a lovely warming treat to accompany a cup of tea. The sugar coating also made these cookies have a crisp outside and middle.
Ginger Bread Cookies step by step
- Cream first three ingredients.
- Add molasses and eggs mix till combined.
- Sift soda salt and ginger together add to mix and blend.
- Add flour mix till incorporated.
- Roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured piece of wax paper or parchment paper. I like to cut and transfer to a sheet pan leaving 1 inch between for spreading..
- Recombine and cut out more cookies from left over dough..
- Cut out gingerbread shapes of choice bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown. 8-12 minutes depending on your oven..
- Allow to cool and decorate as you like.
- The size if the cutter will determine quantity..
The only tip I have is to add much more spice than this recipe suggests if you want a true gingerbread flavour. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt; set aside. With an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth. Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, salt and pepper through a wire sieve into. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.