Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus. Francesco Tonelli for The New York Times. You can use any cut of steak, either bone-in or boneless, to make this classic French bistro dish. Learn about grilling fruits and veggies with help from a classically-trained chef with experience in both World class restaurants and private dining companies in this free video series.
When that steak is grilled, don't be afraid to serve wines that have seen some new oak—the smoky-sweet flavors of the barrels work well with the California and Washington Cabernet Blends. Napa Valley Cabernets with grilled steak are a classic combo, and you can't go wrong with this pairing. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. You can cook Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus
- It’s of For the steak.
- You need 3 of 10 – 12 Oz NY steaks.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium sweet onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 12 Oz of shitake mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s of For the marinade.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine like burgundy or cabernet.
- You need 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbs of black pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare of For the asparagus.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of asparagus.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of steak seasoning.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- It’s of Steak sauce.
- It’s of Horseradish.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Au jus.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of each steak. Remove steaks from the refrigerator and let rest to come to room temperature. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange asparagus around steak.
Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus step by step
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a LG bowl. Add steaks and marinade a couple hours. Turn fairly often..
- Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus. I like to use thicker spears to handle the grilling better. Mix with rest of asparagus ingredients and let sit..
- Melt butter in a LG frying pan. Carmelize onion and mushrooms over medium low heat. Stir often..
- Preheat and clean grill. Grill steaks and asparagus over medium high heat until asparagus is tender and steaks are at desired doneness. I always cook rare. The first time you flip steaks pour a little marinade over them.
- When steaks are done, plate. Top with a little steak sauce, then onion and mushrooms. Top with cheese. Use other desired garnish. Serve with asparagus and bacon cheddar mashed potatoes. Enjoy..
Grilled steak recipe with summer veggies and a red wine glaze. This is a Dairy Free, Gluten Free recipe with Beef and is perfect for Dinner. grilled steak with red wine glaze. Combine the smoked paprika and cumin in a small bowl and mix well. Season the steaks on both sides with the spice rub. One of my favorite ways to make grilled steak in the summer.