Bacon Mushroom Goat Cheese Stuffed Trout. For the chicken: Coat a large saute pan with olive oil, toss in the shallots, season with salt and bring the pan to a medium-high heat. Add the bacon, goat cheese and chives to the cooled mushroom stem mixture. Stir in the breadcrumbs until well moistened.
Fry the bacon in a large pan until crispy and drain on kitchen paper. Then, remove the glass carefully by gently twisting and pulling it up. Fill each "meat bowl" with the onion-pepper-mushroom mixture and a teaspoon of Sriracha and Dijon mustard. You can have Bacon Mushroom Goat Cheese Stuffed Trout using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Mushroom Goat Cheese Stuffed Trout
- You need of Stuffing.
- It’s 4 slice of bacon, crumbled.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh rosemary, fine chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of fresh spinach, rough chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of fresh bread crumbs, 1/8 inch cut.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of Sea salt, cracked pepper to taste.
- You need 3 oz of softened goat cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine, optional.
- It’s of trout preparation.
- You need 4 of rainbow trout filets, skin on.
- You need 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of chopped rosemary, reserved from stuffing mixture.
- You need 1 of Sea salt, cracked pepper to taste.
It may crumble a bit, but do your best to keep it in a roughly round slice. Carefully press the goat cheese slices, on both sides, in the panko breadcrumb topping and place on top of each mushroom. Sprinkle the mushrooms with the remaining breadcrumb mixture. In other words, make it one day before the party and cook it minutes before serving it!
Bacon Mushroom Goat Cheese Stuffed Trout instructions
- in a large oven safe skillet, cook bacon, set aside to cool and crumble, reserve a table spoon of bacon grease in the pan.
- dice your fresh bread in to small cubes, season with a tablespoon of rosemary, salt and pepper. drizzle with small amount of olive oil and toss to incorporate, set aside.
- saute garlic in reserved grease until aromatic, then add mushrooms and wine. allow wine to reduce until mushrooms absorb most of the liquid..
- reduce heat to low and stir in crumble bacon, and top with chopped spinach and stir until spinach wilts.
- in a non stick pan, toast bread crumbs on med high heat until bread starts to get a crunch, add to stuffing mixture, remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- brush trout filets liberally with lemon juice, season with chopped rosemary, salt and pepper.
- place 2 filets skin side down in your skillet, spoon on stuffing mixture. do not worry about spill over..
- dot the top of stuffing with goat cheese, drizzle with remainder lemon juice, and place remaining 2 filets on top, skin side up, like a sandwhich. spread remainder stuffing around filets.
- cook in a 350 oven for 10 to 15 minutes until fish is barely flaking. be very careful not to over cook. serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy.
Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms & Goat's Cheese. A friend once pointed out to me that Russians like to stuff food inside other food. Hmm…I had to think for a minute but I was quickly convinced in the truth of her observation after considering what we eat. The Best Stuffed Trout Recipes on Yummly Stuffed Brook Trout, Stuffed Trout, Stuffed Lake Trout.