Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto. The tomato tarts and quiches I've been eating in Provence are delightful. Spreading mustard on the crust before you top it with tomatoes is a new idea that makes perfect sense to me, as mustard is such a perfect condiment for tomatoes. Beat together the eggs and goat cheese.
A simple tomato tart recipe made with flaky puff pastry sheets covered in whipped goat cheese, then layered with the finest heirloom tomatoes and fresh herbs. A sheet of store bought puff pastry, a creamy goat cheese that I whipped in my food processor with a little olive oil. This tomato tart is seriously pretty. You can cook Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto
- You need 1 1/2 dozen of puff pastry in small circle.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Homemade tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 dozen of slices of tomatoes.
- You need 1 dozen of teaspoon of goat cheese topped on each tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh pesto.
Even though it's very simple to make, expect a lot of ooh's and ahh's when you set this down on the table. If you're going to make this goat cheese and tomato pie, make it soon. Summer tomatoes won't be around forever. Spread goat cheese mixture all over the bottom of the tart.
Tomato tart with goat cheese & pesto step by step
- Prepare your puff pastry and cut them in small circle.
- Add your tomato sauce and slices of tomato on top.
- Put your teaspoon of fresh goat cheese.
- Finish with you fresh pesto.
- Oven @ 350°F for about 15 minutes.
On top of this mixture add a thin layer of quark. Sprinkle a small pinch of salt into each tomato If the tart shell starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil while the tomatoes cook. With this tart for two you will make a multiple impression: it looks great, tastes sensational and once again proves how clever and uncomplicated vegetarian cuisine can be. Instead of goat's cheese, you can also prepare the tart with herb cream cheese made from cow's milk. Easy and delicious Tomato tart recipe made with a fresh pesto, goat cheese, onions, and fresh thyme.