Spinach and goat cheese pizza. Spread the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil and the Top the crust with the spinach, tomatoes and goat cheese. Top with mozzarella, spinach, and then top with the mushrooms and onion mixture. Fresh spinach, sautéed mushrooms and crumbled goat cheese top our favorite, white-wheat pizza crust to make a fabulous, meatless pizza dinner.
Spinach sautéed in garlic and oil makes a flavorful topping for this pizza and pair perfectly with the chopped roma tomatoes and goat cheese. View top rated Tomato spinach goat cheese pizza recipes with ratings and reviews. Spinach, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nut Pizza. You can cook Spinach and goat cheese pizza using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach and goat cheese pizza
- Prepare of pizza dough.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour or bread flour.
- You need of topping.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of fresh spinach.
- It’s 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need of fresh basil.
The goat cheese added a nice depth of flavor that paired well with spinach, mushrooms and red onions. Another great thing about this pizza is that since it's made at home you can put any topping on it you choose. I made this same pizza last week but put red bell pepper on the pizza too. Typically I prefer a very standard veggie pizza, but after buying some goat cheese and flat breads for another recipe I couldn't help but do a little experimenting.
Spinach and goat cheese pizza step by step
- Add all of the ingredients in order and mix until the dough pulls away from the bowl..
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until it becomes soft and stretchy. This takes about 5-10 minutes..
- Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Keep the bowl in a warm draft free place to rise..
- Wash and dry spinach and set aside..
- When the dough has doubled in size cut into two and roll/stretch it into a thin circle..
- Place onto an oiled and floured pizza pan..
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on the dough and spread the chopped garlic. Then add the spinach and crumble the goat cheese over top. Drizzle with a little bit more olive oil..
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden..
- Just before the edges brown add fresh basil leaves..
- Cut with a pizza cutter and serve hot..
Try swapping out the goat cheese for feta or Gorgonzola to switch up the flavor profile. Top with squash and goat cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Place pizza crust on large baking sheet. Mix olive oil and minced garlic in small bowl. Top each with half of spinach mixture, then drop remaining goat cheese over spinach by teaspoonfuls.