Caramelised goats cheese and fig salad. Remove and add to the plate of figs. Take the caramel off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice, alcohol, aniseeds or fennel seeds, garlic, ¾ teaspoon of salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Once combined whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
Drizzle over the salad dressing and serve. Sprinkle the cut side of the figs with the sugar. Heat a non stick fry pan to medium heat, melt the butter and add the figs, cut side down. You can have Caramelised goats cheese and fig salad using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelised goats cheese and fig salad
- It’s 1 cup of wild rocket.
- You need 4 of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 2 of figs.
- You need 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 100 grams of goat cheese.
Finish with a drizzle of balsamic syrup (homemade, or bought at Trader Joe's) and serve with a side salad of arugula. Fig, Caramelized Onion, and Goat Cheese Appetizers. Remove from oven and allow to cool before using in the salad. Spread rocket on large serving platter.
Caramelised goats cheese and fig salad instructions
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- wash rocket leaves and serve.
- cut figs in half, score the flesh and place on baking tray.
- place goats cheese on baking tray and sprinkle on the sugar.
- place tray under grill and watch for 3-5 mins.
- remove when crispy and golden.
- drizzle balsamic vinegar over rocket.
- position figs and tomatoes around the cheese and serve.
Place caramelised figs on top of rocket and scatter toasted walnuts and goat's cheese feta. Remove the pan from the heat and drop the walnut halves, one at a time, into the melted sugar. This easy, caramelized goat cheese salad with walnuts is elegant enough for festive get togethers, yet simple enough to make as an every day meal or side. The beginning of the year often brings New Years resolutions to be healthier. While some people are more than happy to eat healthier after having overdone it with holiday eating, others have.