Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill with spinach mixture; secure with toothpicks. Stuff each slit with spinach/goat cheese mixture.
Goat cheese & spinach stuffed chicken breast make an amazing low carb and keto-friendly dinner! These baked chicken breasts are easily cut 'hasselback style' then stuffed with creamy cheese + nutritious spinach and served with caramelized onions and mushrooms for the ultimate healthy dinner! Dredge chicken in flour and brown on all sides in heated skillet. You can have Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese
- You need 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Garlic clove (minced).
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Spinach, hard stems removed.
- Prepare 2 of (6 oz) thick chicken breast, skinless and boneless.
- Prepare 2 oz of Low-fat goat cheese (crumbled is great).
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from the heat and stir in the goat cheese, salt, and pepper. Stuff and cook the chicken: If the chicken breasts have tenderloins, remove them. Trim, rinse, and pat the breasts dry. Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast with Roasted Asparagus.
Chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese instructions
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- In large skillet cook oil and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts and water evaporates. (about 2-4 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to plate. Towel out skillet.
- Remove excess fat from chicken and butterfly cut it. Evenly fill with spinach and cheese. Then seal the chicken.
- Season outside with salt and pepper..
- Transfer to baking dish and cook for 25 min, broil on high for a few minutes before taking out of the oven.
Also delicious served this over white rice. If you wish to make this recipe gluten free, use your favorite gluten free flour to thicken sauce. If you wish to make grain free, use. Allow the chicken to rest for. Close the chicken breasts over the goat cheese and secure with toothpicks.