Creamy Green Chile Rice w/ Goat Cheese. View top rated Green chile rice cheese recipes with ratings and reviews. Creamy and cheesy spinach green chile enchilada recipe. Served with a Mexican rice side dish.
Great green chile rice recipe side dish you can make during the holidays or throughout the year for Sour cream and cheese. It is really a throw it together appetizer or side dish. Going in the oven with Serve and enjoy this cheesy cooked rice dish! You can have Creamy Green Chile Rice w/ Goat Cheese using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Green Chile Rice w/ Goat Cheese
- Prepare 2 C of rice.
- You need 28 oz of green enchilada sauce.
- It’s 8 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 8 oz of diced green chiles.
- Prepare 4 oz of goat cheese log.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 T of ground coriander.
- You need 1 C of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 bundle of cilantro; chiffonade.
- You need 1 of large pinch kosher salt.
What kind of goat cheese did you use? Oven-Baked Goat Cheese Green Chile Queso. I have a little something for you. I immediately thought of my favorite goat cheese queso fundido from Bobby Flay's Metro Grill.
Creamy Green Chile Rice w/ Goat Cheese instructions
- Heat enchilada sauce and chicken stock in a saucepot..
- Melt butter in a different stock pot..
- Add rice when butter melts. Stir to coat each grain of rice. Add coriander and salt. Cook for 1 minute or until grains begin to separate..
- Add stock and sauce. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let steam for 5 minutes. Do not remove the lid..
- Heat milk to a simmer. Add rice to the milk while stirring..
- Add diced green chiles and cilantro. Stir..
- Garnish with goat cheese..
- Variations; Avocado, yellow onion, creamed pearl onions, lime zest, ancho chile, coconut milk, chipotle, jalapeno, serrano, poblano, chimichurri, chickpeas, bell pepper, garlic, cayenne, corn, cumin, curry, lemon, mint, red onion, blood orange, parsley, olive oil, mango, orange zest, pumpkin, scallions, butternut squash, tomatillos, sweet potato, tamarind, white wine vinegar, sesame seeds, zucchini, almond, peanut, walnut,.
Reduce the heat to low, and stir in the soft herbed goat cheese until smooth and creamy. Stir until the cheese is totally melted. I have some lumps, but please don't hold that against me. It's a foodblogging, holding-my-own-camera-and-trying-to-whisk-at-the-same-time kind of thing. This creamy, cheesy dip is spiked with green chiles and smoky chipotle pepper.