Sausage w/ Goat Cheese Sauce. It's got a lot of enjoyable components (goat cheese + sausage + veggies) to give you something to really look forward to at the end of a busy day. It's not overly complex, but it's perfectly satisfying. I'm hoping it's the start of more successful pasta dishes that use goat cheese as the base for a creamy pasta sauce.
Once sausage is cooked through and browned, add spinach and stir to combine. Transfer sausage and spinach mixture to a large bowl. Add basil, ricotta, goat cheese and pepper. You can have Sausage w/ Goat Cheese Sauce using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage w/ Goat Cheese Sauce
- Prepare 5 of mild Italian sausages; 1" slices.
- You need 15 1/2 oz of cooked cannelini beans.
- You need 11 oz of goat cheese; crumbled.
- Prepare 4 of large shallots; sliced in rings.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 of roasted red bell pepper; julienne.
- It’s 1/2 oz of basil; chiffonade.
- Prepare 1/2 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 C of vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 C of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/2 C of marsala.
- You need 3/4 C of light coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch kosher salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of peanut oil; as needed.
Stir continuously until cheese is all melted. In large bowl, combine pasta, sausage, and veggies. Pour sauce over pasta mixture, stirring well to combine. Transfer pasta into prepared baking dish.
Sausage w/ Goat Cheese Sauce step by step
- Heat peanut oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add sausage. Sear one side before stirring..
- Add shallots, beans, and pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat until sausage is 90% cooked. Add garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Add marsala and crank up the heat. Scrape up any brown bits on saute pan with a kitchen spoon. Reduce until nearly dry..
- Add vegetable stock. Reduce by 1/2..
- Add coconut milk and goat cheese. Stir to melt goat cheese into a sauce like consistency..
- Add basil and roasted bell pepper with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir..
- Variations; Red onion, parsely, cilantro, scallions, leeks, ramps, cayenne, ginger, rosemary, thyme, coriander seed, celery, celery seed, fennel, fennel seed, lemongrass, lime, mirin, sesame oil or seeds, butter, chicken stock, bourbon, sake, Sriracha, tamari, soy, worchestershire, paprika, habanero, bacon, corn, zucchini, squash, chives, lemon,.
I also used Italian chicken sausage, but you could certainly use regular sausage or turkey sausage too. And then the goat cheese sauce – oh heaven is it good. It is made by starting a simple roux with a little butter and flour, then mixing in milk, mozzarella cheese, and an entire log of goat cheese. I also amped it up by adding a dash of. Reduce heat and add milk and chicken stock.